The Belgrade-based Institute of Oncology and Radiology symbolises hope in the fight against cancer.
Enhancing Acoustic Comfort for Patients
A project to replace two hospitals with a new, sustainable facility in the northern village of Scheemda, the aim for the Ommelander Ziekenhuis Groningen was to create space to aid healing: natural daylight, a balance between privacy and openness, and – crucially – addressing the World Health Organization’s recommendations for lower sound levels.
In enhancing acoustic comfort for patients and personnel alike, the team turned to a combination of MINERAL Sonic Element, MINERAL Baffle Element, PERLA OP 0.95* and MEDIGUARD Acoustic* ceiling systems throughout the hospital. This acoustic solution worked to mute the hustle and bustle of the busy hospital, ensuring occupants could work, rest, heal and recover in peace.
* Product availability may vary from country to country. Please contact your local sales representative.
- Architekt: Leeuwenkamp Architecten
- Auftraggeber: Eissink Plafond- en Wandsystemen
- Endkunde: Ommelander Ziekenhuis Groningen
- Fotorechte: © Rob van Esch
- Segment: Healthcare
- Raumtyp: Public hospital Space / Cafeteria / Corridor
- Materialien: Mineral