For a new £12.4 million secondary teaching block in South Wales, this 19-month project needed to realise an institution fit for the 21st century – as well as meeting BREEAM “Excellent” and BIM Level 2 standards.
Chur Cantonal School
Promote Peace and Quiet
In even the most cutting-edge educational institution, successful learning requires spaces that promote peace and quiet for effective study. This was critical to the creation of a new media learning centre at the Cantonal School of Graubünden – a digitally equipped library renovation in which acoustics and design needed to work hand in hand.
MINERAL Sonic Element Circle presented the answer. Combining excellent acoustic performance with a contemporary design style, this solution enabled the team to create a learning space that looked as good as it sounded. Bright, bold, circular shapes meet with effective sound absorption in a fresh, airy library that gives students the visual and aural focus to tackle even the most complex and challenging academic subjects.
- Architecte: Graubünden Building Department, Chur Cantonal School of Graubünden
- Poseur: Montalta AG Deckensysteme
- Client: Graubünden Building Department, Chur Cantonal School of Graubünden
- Copyright photo: © Foto Lautenschlager
- Secteur: Education
- Type de pièce: Library, Learning Spaces
- Matériaux: Mineral