For a new £12.4 million secondary teaching block in South Wales, this 19-month project needed to realise an institution fit for the 21st century – as well as meeting BREEAM “Excellent” and BIM Level 2 standards.
A 21st Century Transformation
Dating from 1884, DePetrus Church in Vught has undergone a 21st century transformation to evolve into an impressive community space, featuring a library, museum, coffee house and shop. To maximise floor space a mezzanine was installed, weaving through the pillars to keep the centre of the church exposed. The new modern design needed to complement the period character of the building in a sensitive juxtaposition.
Choosing Knauf Ceiling Solutions' ELEGANZA™ acoustic ceiling solution, the team embraced the stylish fluidity of the mezzanine, with a seamless finish producing smooth and monolithic lines. This Class A acoustic solution dampens any unwanted noise and also opens up the whole central area, flooding its modern, multipurpose space with light.
- Architecte: Molenaar&Bol&vanDillen Architecten, Ivo van den Thillart
- Poseur: Aannemersbedrijf M.P. Drjvers B.V., Pennings Akoestiek B.V.
- Client: DePetrus B.V.
- Copyright photo: © Marcel von Hoorn / © EISMA
- Secteur: Leisure & Hospitality
- Type de pièce: Circulation Area / Boutique / Specialty Shop
- Matériaux: Mineral