For a new £12.4 million secondary teaching block in South Wales, this 19-month project needed to realise an institution fit for the 21st century – as well as meeting BREEAM “Excellent” and BIM Level 2 standards.
A 21st Century Transformation
Dating from 1884, DePetrus Church in Vught has undergone a 21st century transformation to evolve into an impressive community space, featuring a library, museum, coffee house and shop. To maximise floor space a mezzanine was installed, weaving through the pillars to keep the centre of the church exposed. The new modern design needed to complement the period character of the building in a sensitive juxtaposition.
Choosing Knauf Ceiling Solutions' ELEGANZA™ acoustic ceiling solution, the team embraced the stylish fluidity of the mezzanine, with a seamless finish producing smooth and monolithic lines. This Class A acoustic solution dampens any unwanted noise and also opens up the whole central area, flooding its modern, multipurpose space with light.
Dane o projekcie
- Architekt: Molenaar&Bol&vanDillen Architecten, Ivo van den Thillart
- Wykonawca: Aannemersbedrijf M.P. Drjvers B.V., Pennings Akoestiek B.V.
- Klient: DePetrus B.V.
- Prawa autorskie do fotografii: © Marcel von Hoorn / © EISMA
Informacje o projekcie
- Sektor: Leisure & Hospitality
- Typ pomieszczenia: Circulation Area / Boutique / Specialty Shop
- Materiały: Mineral