The dual challenges of an €18m renovation of the Delft Water Board’s head office were sound and visuals. The desire for bright, open and welcoming spaces needed light-filled rooms in which flowing curves and expressive angles granted a sense of physical space, while at the same time absorbing sound to minimise crowd noise.
Van Iersel Geveltechniek
Transparency Creates Connection
Van Iersel Geveltechniek's new premises in Breda epitomise transpareny in their design. As soon as visitors step into the large atrium, they are greeted with a clear view of the
production hall, creating an atmosphere of openness and clarity.
This feeling extends throughout the rest of the building, resulting in a visually stunning interplay of lines on the exterior using aluminium strips on the façade and high-end ceiling solutions in common areas, offices, and corridors.
- Architect: Archifit Architecten, Ingenieurs en Bouwbegeleiders, Schaijk & Illse Withagen Interieurarchitectuur, Breda
- Contractor: Van der Heijden Bouw en Ontwikkeling, Schaijk
- Client: Van Iersel Geveltechniek, Breda
- Photography Copyright: © Fotografie Sonnega
- Sector: Office
- Room Type: Atrium, Office, Corridor, Meeting Rooms
- Materials: Mineral
Van Iersel Geveltechniek, Breda, Netherlands